Energy, Resources & Storage - ERS
The profile Energy, Resources & Storage - ERS conveys a deep understanding of the upper earth crust used by humans. Topics include ore deposits, fossil energy, geothermal energy, mineral raw materials, underground storage for regenerative energies & repositories, and much more.
The study program is divided into cumpolsory Key Competences (19 Credits, CR), elective Key Competences (36 CR), elective Specialization in Geosciences (25 CR), Specific Supplements (10 CR) and the Master Thesis (30 CR). Please refer to the tabs for more details on the variety of electable modules in their respective category. More details about the thesis can be found here.
The profile Energy, Resources & Storage - ERS is taught in English.
Profile Energy, Resources & Storage
The focus Energy, Resources & Storage conveys a deep understanding of the upper earth crust used by humans. Topics include ore deposits, fossil energy, geothermal energy, mineral raw materials, underground storage for renewable energies & nuclear waste disposal, and much more.
The focus Energy, Resources & Storage can be studied in English.
1. Geoscientific core competencies (choose 36 LP)
- M-BGU-102432 Geothermics: Energy and Transport Processes (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102431 Geology (Engl.)
- M-BGU-103733 Sedimentary Petrology (German)
- M-BGU-103995 Geochemical Processes and Analytical Methods (German/Engl.)
- M-BGU-102445 Geological Storage of Gas (Engl.)
- M-BGU-103742 Reservoir-Geology (inkl. S-England Geländeseminar) (Engl.)
- M-BGU-103993 Industrial Minerals and Environment (Engl.)
- M-BGU-103994 Ore Geology of Metals (Metallische Rohstoffe) (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102430 Applied Mineralogy: Geomaterials (Engl.)
2. Geoscientific specializations (choose 25 LP or from 1. [geosc. core competencies], 5 LP per module)
- M-BGU-102447 Applied Geothermics (Engl.)
- M-BGU-103734 Diagenesis and Cores (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102444 Angewandte Mineralogie: Tone und Tonminerale (German)
- M-BGU-105136 Geothermal Reservoir Engineering (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102455 Umweltgeologie: Radio- und chemotoxische Elemente (German)
- M-BGU-102452 Petrologie (German.)
- M-BGU-102443 Applied Mineralogy: Petrophysics (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102451 Structural Geology (incl. Pyrenees field course) (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102449 Borehole Technology (Engl.)
- M-BGU-102456 Field Excercises / Excursion (German/Engl.)
3. Subject-related supplements (choose 10LP or from 2nd [Geosc. specialisations])
- M-BGU-100068 Erd- und Grundbau (6 LP) (German)
- M-BGU-100079 Umweltgeotechnik (6 LP) (German)
- M-PHYS-103760 Elektronenmikroskopie I (5 LP) (German)
- M-PHYS-103761 Elektronenmikroskopie II (5 LP) (German)
- M-BGU-100069 Felsmechanik und Tunnelbau (6 LP) (German)
The regular study and examination regulations apply. The confirmation of successful participation in the profile will be issued by the examination board upon application by the student at the end of his/her studies.