- Dec 2018 – present: Postdoctoral fellow at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology - Germany.
- 2017 – 2018 Postdoctoral fellow at the University of Bremen - Germany. Project granted by the Swiss National Science Foundation: Characterizing the dehydration behavior of vanadosilicates by single-crystal and powder X-ray diffraction techniques.
- 2016 – 2017 Postdoctoral fellow at the University of Utrecht - The Netherlands. Project: Investigation of the structural modifications of ZSM-5 zeolite by post-synthesis treatment with phosphoric acid.
- 2014 – 2015 Assistant at the University of Bern - Switzerland. Project: Crystal-Chemistry of Minerals.
- 2012 – 2014 PhD at the University of Bern - Switzerland. Final dissertation: Microporous materials under non-ambient conditions.
I am a mineralogical crystallographer specialized in non-ambient single-crystal and powder diffraction methods mostly applied to microporous materials. Recently, the focus of my research has moved to the application of diffraction and spectroscopic (e.g. nuclear magnetic resonance) methods to understand and predict mechanisms leading to modification of physicochemical properties of minerals/materials.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications
Hernando, H., Hernández-Giménez, A.M., Gutiérrez-Rubio, S., Fakin, T., Horvat, A., Danisi, R.M., Pizarro, P., Fermoso, J., Heracleous, E., Bruijnincx, P.C.A., Lappas, A.A., Weckhuysen, B.M., Serrano, D.P. (2019) Scaling-up of Bio-oil Upgrading during Biomass Pyrolysis over ZrO2/ZSM-5-Attapulgite. Chem. Sus. Chem. Accepted.
Danisi, R.M., Schmidt, J.E., Lucini Paioni, A., Houben, K., Baldus, M., Poplawsky, J.D., Weckhuysen, B.M. and Vogt, E. (2018) Revealing long- and short-range structural modifications within phosphorus-treated HZSM-5 zeolites by atom probe tomography, nuclear magnetic resonance and powder X-ray diffraction. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 20, 27766-27777. DOI: 10.1039/c8cp03828g
Danisi, R.M., & Armbruster, T. (2018) Dehydration of microporous vanadosilicates: the case of VSH-13Na. Acta Cryst. B74, 483–491. DOI: 10.1107/S2052520618011423
Danisi, R.M., Armbruster, T., Arletti, R., Gatta, G.D., Vezzalini, G., Quartieri, S., and Dmitriev, V. (2015) Elastic behavior and pressure-induced structural modifications of microporous Ca(VO)Si4O10·4H2O dimorphs cavansite and pentagonite. Microp. Mesop. Mater., 204, 257-268. DOI: 10.1016/j.micromeso.2014.11.029
Danisi, R.M., Armbruster, T., Lazic, B. (2012). In situ dehydration behavior of zeolite-like cavansite: A single-crystal X-ray study. Am. Mineral., 97, 1874-1880. DOI: 10.2138/am.2012.4228
Armbruster, T. and Danisi, R.M. (Eds.) (2015) Highlights in Mineralogical Crystallography. De Gruyter.
"Highlights in Mineralogical Crystallography" presents a collection of review articles with the common topic: structural properties of minerals and synthetic analogues. It is a valuable resource for mineralogists, materials scientists, crystallographers, and earth scientists.