Please note that the language of instruction for our BSc program is German. Our BSc Applied Geosciences Karlsruhe AGK covers fundamental and applied geosciences aspects. Natural sciences courses in mathematics, physics and chemistry are obligatory besides a wide range of geosciences courses.
You also learn the applied side in field courses after the 2nd semester, a mapping course in the 4th semester, and applied field methods in the 6th semester. You learn to read earth's history from rocks and topography, and the evolution of subsurface in space over time. Additional field trips and lab courses further strengthen your skills.
Bullet Points BSc at KIT
- 6 semester regular study time
- 180 ECTS credits
- applied courses in hydrogeology, engineering geology, mining and GeoEnergy already in your bachelor
- language of instruction is German
- study coordinator Dr. Ruth Haas-Nüesch, ph. +49 721 608 44172, ruth haas∂kit edu
- study secretary Mirja Lohkamp-Schmitz ph.+49 721 608 43316, mirja lohkamp-schmitz∂kit edu
- Information on BSc study AGW at KIT's Service Unit Study & Teaching (please note that translation is in progress)
- module handbook
- SPO (Studien- und Prüfungsordnung, in German)